If you need more information about Phoenix Convention Center please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- CVB Name:: Visit Phoenix
- URL:: http://www.visitphoenix.com/meeting-planners/index.aspx
- Top Reasons to Visit:: 1. It’s easy and affordable to fly here: More than 1,200 aircraft arrive and depart Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport each day. Sky Harbor also is a hub for two low-cost carriers (Southwest and US Airways), so you get value with all that volume. Another perk at our airport: free WiFi, everywhere for everybody. 2. Getting around is a breeze: The airport is located four miles from the Phoenix Convention Center and 10 miles from Scottsdale. A one-way pass on METRO light rail costs $2, and the typical taxi fare from the airport to downtown hotels is $15. 3. Guest rooms galore: Greater Phoenix is home to about 500 hotels and 62,000 guest rooms. Many of these rooms are found at beautiful resorts with full-service conference facilities, while others are located within walking distance of the convention center or light rail line.
- Number of Hotel Rooms Within One Mile of Convention Center:: 3,500
- Largest Convention Hotel:: Sheraton Grand Phoenix
- Hotels Within One Mile of Convention Center:: 16
- Total Number of Guest Rooms:: 62,000
- Served by International Flights (y/n):: Yes
- Number of Miles from Downtown:: 4
- The more than 60 conventions hosted at the Phoenix Convention Center in 2016 had an estimated $318 million economic impact.
- Since 2009, the Phoenix Convention Center has generated more than 2 million hotel room nights for the community.
- Since 2009, the Phoenix convention Center has hosted all of the major sporting events, including: the NBA All-Star Jam Session, WWE Wrestlemania Fan Axxess, the MLB All-Star FanFest, the NFL Experience, the College Football Playoff FanFestival, and the 20
- Since opening in 1972, the Phoenix Convention Center has been renovated and expanded twice to result in a facility three times the size of the original.